New Years may be over on the Gregorian Calendar but the Lunar New Year is not until February 16th. As a tea and culture lover, I prefer to celebrate the Lunar New Year. This is because it truly feels like a fresh start energetically and because I was brought up with some of the traditions with my Mom’s Indonesian background. One tradition for this time is to give red envelopes with money in it to the younger generation, which my mother loved to share with us, but also sometimes even small gifts.
With that thought, I pulled together some items to celebrate this time and also set the right tone for the year of the Dog. I cheekily pulled in a few baby cat items because I really wish there was a year of the cat (how about you?). Use this guide either for yourself or for loved ones to bring them good wishes as we make this transition.
1. Drippy Unicorn Chawan Tea Bowl by Kira Call Ceramics
2. Cosmic Baby Cat Hoop Art Kit by Sparkle Collective
3. Plum Tama Yunomi Cup set from Hibiki-An
4. Essential Tea Pot in Ocean from Tea Ave
5. Huiming Tea Bags from Camellia Sinensis
6. Embrace Imperfection Throw Pillow from Chapters
7. Midnight Magic Iron on Patch by Sparkle Collective
8. Matcha: A Lifestyle Guide from Chapters
9. Lifefactory Active Flip Cap Waterbottle from Chapters
11. Journal – Mentally in Another Galaxy from Chapters
12. Belle & Bloom Demi Tin Candle “Life is a Party” – from Chapters
Best wishes. Many steepings (and many cats) for the New Year.